SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY TO THE ENVIRONMENT
VÍTKOVICE MACHINERY GROUP seek to minimize the impact of its activities on the environment according with the CSR scheme. In this context, VMG companies is investing substantial financial resources in the ecologization of production processes, as well as the improvement of the environment outsider the VMG companies. Over the last few years, hundreds of milions CZK were invested to improve the quality of the environment. We are fully aware of our responsibility towards the environment and therefore we are creating conditions for quality life in the region. Most VMG companies have an integrated management system, which includes the environmental management systém according to ČSN EN ISO 14001, which consists primarily of
- Defining and regular updating of environmental policy as part of Integrated Management System Policy
- Certification, evaluation and renewal of EMS in companies VMG
- Setting, evaluating and updating EMS aims.
AIR POLLUTION PROTECTION
- Reconstruction of cutting machines took place in the VÍTKOVICE POWER ENGINEERING a.s, NS 830 -Energy Engineering. New cutting machines OMNICAT will be equipped with filters to capture particulate matter and thus reduce air emissions.
- In 2010, filtering blasting machines in the VÍTKOVICE POWER ENGINEERING a.s. were rekonstructed. Improved dedusting allows the use of the cleaned air mass for tempering production halls.
- In 2012-2013, the restoration of heating furnaces on natural gas in the VÍTKOVICE HEAVY MACHINERY a.s., NS 340 - Forge and NS 330 - Foundry took place. The reconstruction was reflected in the reduction of CO2 emission into atmosphere.
- Dedusting in the VÍTKOVICE HEAVY MACHINERY a.s., NS 320 – Steel Plant – finishing in October 2015
- Extraction clearing in the VÍTKOVICE HEAVY MACHINERY a.s., NS 330 - Foundry – finishing in June 2015
- Extraction molding in the VÍTKOVICE HEAVY MACHINERY a.s., NS 330 - Foundry – finishing in June 2015
- Dedusting cutting machines resorts in the VÍTKOVICE POWER ENGINEERING a.s., NS 822 – Steel Structures – finishing in August 2015
The implementation of the above projects will reducte emission of particulate matter into the air.
- VMG companies had planted hundreds of trees on their own land, as well as on plot sof individual boroughs of Ostrava city, in the period 2005 – 2014. The VMG companies invested about 3 mil. CZK in planting and maintenance of greenery.
- In the years 2013 – 2014, the project „ Zelená osa Vítkovic" (Green axis of Vítkovice) was implemented in cooperation with the statutory city of Ostrava. This comprised of tree planting on land of VMG and statutory city of Ostrava, which was carried out by H-reclamation as designed by „isolating greenery on the Ruská street under XXV. Operational programme of environment challenge, the priority 2.1.3 Reducting the pollution burden by reducting dust emissions from global sources. The implementation of the project brought an aesthetic improvement of the relevant communication within the Vítkovice area, as well as, reducted the pollution load of inhabitants of Ostrava. The total cost of the project amounted to 11,5 mil. CZK approximately. Revitalization in the komplex LANDEK PARK. All costs for the revitalization of greenery were approximately 680 000 CZK.
OLD ECOLOGICAL BURDENS
VÍTKOVICE, a.s., has made ecological contract no. 203/98 with the Ministry of Finance (formely FNM CR). Based on this Ecological contract, these sites have already been redeveloped:
- Forge Kunčice (NS 340) on the premise of ArcelorMittal Ostrava
- Formel Bridge production production plant in Lískovec (NS 994)
- Overground part of the chemical coking plant
All obligations in waste sorting according to types and categories and in waste collection are adhered to in group companies VÍTKOVICE MACHINERY GROUP.
- The termination of bioligical wastewater treatment plant service leading into Staříč flow and connection of untreated wastewater to the public sewerage of Jeseník town.
- Construction of waterworks „Ecological wastewater treatment - wastewater treatment ALFA FLOT UNI 10 / eP" in NS 340 - Forge – Kunčice
- Reconstruction of the existing complex sewage system in VHM.
- All analysis of wastewater symples demonstrate compliance with the pollution limits.
CARE OF NATURE AND LANDSCAPE
- Mining and reclamation of dump Hrabová
- Landfill reclamation in Supíkovice
- CNG fuel use in all copany passenger cars and in some lorries and locomotives of the VMG group
- Construction of CNG filling stations within the Czech Republic