SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY TO THE ENVIRONMENT
VÍTKOVICE MACHINERY GROUP seek to minimize the impact of its activities on the environment according with the CSR scheme. In this context, VMG companies is investing substantial financial resources in the ecologization of production processes, as well as the improvement of the environment outsider the VMG companies. Over the last few years, hundreds of milions CZK were invested to improve the quality of the environment. We are fully aware of our responsibility towards the environment and therefore we are creating conditions for quality life in the region. Most VMG companies have an integrated management system, which includes the environmental management systém according to ČSN EN ISO 14001, which consists primarily of
- Defining and regular updating of environmental policy as part of Integrated Management System Policy
- Certification, evaluation and renewal of EMS in companies VMG
- Setting, evaluating and updating EMS aims.
Examples of environmental protection:
- VMG companies had planted hundreds of trees on their own land, as well as on plot sof individual boroughs of Ostrava city, in the period 2005 – 2014. The VMG companies invested about 3 mil. CZK in planting and maintenance of greenery.
- In the years 2013 – 2014, the project „ Zelená osa Vítkovic" (Green axis of Vítkovice) was implemented in cooperation with the statutory city of Ostrava. This comprised of tree planting on land of VMG and statutory city of Ostrava, which was carried out by H-reclamation as designed by „isolating greenery on the Ruská street under XXV. Operational programme of environment challenge, the priority 2.1.3 Reducting the pollution burden by reducting dust emissions from global sources. The implementation of the project brought an aesthetic improvement of the relevant communication within the Vítkovice area, as well as, reducted the pollution load of inhabitants of Ostrava. The total cost of the project amounted to 11,5 mil. CZK approximately.
- Revitalization in the komplex LANDEK PARK.
- VMG companies is subject to all obligations in sorting waste by type and category and in collecting it.
- All analyzes of wastewater samples show compliance with established pollution limits.
OLD ECOLOGICAL BURDENS
VÍTKOVICE, a.s., has made ecological contract no. 203/98 with the Ministry of Finance (formely FNM CR). Based on this Ecological contract, these sites have already been redeveloped:
- Forge Kunčice (NS 340) on the premise of ArcelorMittal Ostrava
- Formel Bridge production production plant in Lískovec (NS 994)
- Overground part of the chemical coking plant