Psychological LaboratoryVirtual Tour
The psychological laboratory has been in existence since 1926 and is the oldest industrial psychological lab in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. It was established to reduce the increasing accident rate and improve the process of selecting workers in Vítkovice Iron and Steel Works. The current laboratory follows the tradition. Its staff continuously improves its professional expertise and the level of services provided (the holder of the EuroPsy certificate, a European certificate in psychology, the Ministry of Transport of the CR accreditation for conducting psychological check-ups, membership in the board of the Czech Association of Work and Organizational Psychologists and more). The laboratory provides psychology services not only to the VÍTKOVICE MACHINERY GROUP, but also to external customers.
PSYCHOLOGICAL LABORATORY SERVICES
- Psychical fitness assessment for hazardous occupations, i.e. occupations with higher neuropsychical strain with high attention and reaction demands, where the risk of causing an injury, accident, ecological or technological incident (crane operators, drivers, train drivers and operators of other railway vehicles, operators, machine operators and other occupations if required by the doctor or employer) – It functions as prevention of accident and damages.
- Transport-psychology check-ups of professional drivers and drivers who ask for returning a driving licence after the ban on driving vehicles (accredited by the Ministry of Transport of the CR).
- Personal qualities assessment for occupying selected positions (managers of various levels, sales officers, project architects and design engineers, investment unit operators or project managers, other operators, assistants and others) – serves for the purposes of selection, distribution and transfer of employees or for the needs of personal development of individuals, including career consulting (people starting a new job after finishing a high school or university within an adaptation programme).
- Company consulting services for dealing with interpersonal relationships in work groups, conflicts, employee work behaviour and creating teams, and individual consulting when dealing with employee's personal, family or work problems.
- Expertise and consulting services in the area of human resources management (employee assessment, motivating and influencing their efficiency and career management), cooperation when completing tasks concerning management and organization (organizational culture, analysis and communication solutions).
- Training of management skills (assessment of employees, assessment conversations, team cooperation).
- Instruction and soft skills training (self-knowledge, communication, managing conflicts and stress etc.).